Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics: 1st South Asia Edition
Edition: 1st SAE
Publisher: Elsevier, India
After more than 75 years, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of pediatric care.............
Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics:
After more than 75 years, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of pediatric care. Embracing the new advances in science as well as the time-honored art of pediatric practice, this classic reference provides the essential information that practitioners and other care providers involved in pediatric healthcare throughout the world need to understand to effectively address the enormous range of biologic, psychologic, and social problems that our children and youth may face. New chapters and comprehensive revisions throughout ensure that you have the most recent information on diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases based on the latest recommendations and methodologies.
- A NEW three-volume layout provides superior portability and exceptional ease of use.
- Form a definitive diagnosis and create the best treatment plans possible using evidence-based medicine and astute clinical experiences from leading international authors—many new to this edition.
- Gain a more complete perspective. Along with a broader emphasis on imaging and molecular diagnoses and updated references, the new edition includes an increased focus on international issues to ensure relevance in pediatrics practice throughout the world.
- Effectively apply the latest techniques and approaches with 35 new chapters, including Innovations in Addressing Child Health and Survival in Low-Income Settings;
Cognitive Development: Domains and Theories;
The Reggio Emilia Educational Approach and Child Development and Learning;
Altitude-Associated Illness (Acute Mountain Sickness);
Genetic Approaches to Rare and Undiagnosed Diseases;
Healthcare-Associated Infections; Intrapartum and Peripartum Infections;
Small Fiber Polyneuropathy;
The Microbiome and Pediatric Health;
Mitochondrial Neurogastrointestinal Encephalomyopathy;
Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease;
Central Nervous System Vasculitis;
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture;
and Sports-Related Traumatic Brain Injury (Concussion).
- Recognize, diagnose, and manage genetic and acquired conditions more effectively.
- A new Rehabilitation section with 10 new chapters, including Evaluation of the Child for Rehabilitative Services; Severe Traumatic Brain Injury; Spinal Cord Injury and Autonomic Crisis Management; Spasticity; Birth Brachial Plexus Palsy; Traumatic and Sports-Related Injuries of the Lower Extremity; Meningomyelocele (Spina Bifida); Health and Wellness for Children with Disabilities.
- Manage the transition to adult healthcare for children with chronic diseases through discussions of the overall health needs of patients with congenital heart defects, diabetes, and cystic fibrosis.
- Understand the principles of therapy and which drugs and dosages to prescribe for every disease.
Table of Contents
PART I: The Field of Pediatrics
PART II: Growth, Development, and Behavior
PART III: Behavioral and Psychiatric Disorders
PART IV: Learning Disorders
PART V: Children with Special Needs
PART VI: Nutrition
PART VII: Fluid and Electrolyte Disorders
PART VIII: Pediatric Drug Therapy
PART IX: The Acutely Ill Child
PART X: Human Genetics
PART XI: Metabolic Disorders
PART XII: The Fetus and The Neonatal Infant
PART XIII: Adolescent Medicine
PART XIV: Immunology
PART XV: Allergic Disorders
PART XVI: Rheumatic Diseases of Childhood
PART XVII: Infectious Diseases
PART XVIII: The Digestive System
PART XIX: Respiratory System
PART XX: The Cardiovascular System
PART XXI: Diseases of the Blood
PART XXII: Cancer and Benign Tumors
PART XXIII: Nephrology
PART XXIV: Urologic Disorders in Infants and Children
PART XXV: Gynecologic Problems of Childhood
PART XXVI: The Endocrine System
PART XXVII: The Nervous System
PART XXVIII: Neuromuscular Disorders
PART XXIX: Disorders of The Eye
PART XXX: The Ear
PART XXXI: The Skin
PART XXXII: Bone and Joint Disorders
PART XXXIII: Rehabilitation Medicine
PART XXXIV: Environmental Health Hazards
PART XXXV: Laboratory Medicine